As you know, Amazon bought Whole Foods recently. If you don’t, I’d love to get you on the show and learn how you develop such a low-information diet, especially if there is an organic option that can be delivered in two hours – ha ha ha
Alright, back to the skin of the matter. Why did Amazon buy Whole Foods? What are the strategic implications of the purchase? Is Amazon close to having monopolistc power on online retail?
- PHD in Accounting from Duke
- Teaches in the MBA, MSTC, MPA and MSF programs at UT
- Consultant for Harvard Business School and Harvard Business Publishing on various accounting materials
- Performance of Whole Foods over the years
- Whole Food’s First-Mover Advantage vs. Sustainable Competitive Advantage
- How has Amazon changed over the years?
- How would you weigh the convenience of online vs. the experience of offline shopping?